L Reid

Default Boarding a loft & insulation

Christian McArdle wrote:

With 6 inch joists, you are laughing. If you can afford celotex, just

use
the complete thickness and board over if you wish.

You should not do that - the regs insist on an airgap to allow air to
circulate over the joitsts etc.

How can you have a floor, if you must leave an air gap between the

joists
and the boards?

Can I presume you thought I was still talking about insulating the roof,

not
the floor?

Yes. Sorry.

Christian.

Thanks for all replies. I fancy using Celotex as I also need to do some
angled sections which won't be the easiest to get into. Might try and take a
couple of photos at the weekend to give people a better idea of what I'm
after, but the replies so far are what I was after!

Leigh