Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:27:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
No BL car I know of had a 3000 mile service interval. Can you state
which one?

All of my midgets had 3000 mile oil changes,

Same with my Stags.

My truck ('67 Ford) is 6000 miles (and nothing in the manual about
changing it after x years even if it wasn't used - maybe that's only a
synthetic oil thing?).

More modern vehicles this side of the Pond all seem to be 3000mi for oil
changes, so in that respect things have actually got worse - or it's all
a big conspiracy

cheers

Jules

..