Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default making a cannon

On 10 Dec 2011 02:25:14 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2011-12-09, Ed Huntress wrote:
On 9 Dec 2011 03:48:21 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Of course -- legally in the Patent world, posting the
information here counts as publication and starts the one year timeout
by which you have to file your application. :-)

Ah, I think you're thinking of something to do with patents or foreign
copyrights. In the US, your work is automatically copyrighted, and you
don't have to file anything. It's been that way since 1978 or
thereabouts.

I *did* say "in the Patent world" above. Once your invention
has been published, you have one year to get the processing of the
patent application running. This from the patent lawers at the lab
where I used to work.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Darn, I missed that and just hung on the word "publication." Selective
attention, I suppose. d8-)

Yes, patents are something else.

--
Ed Huntress