Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Painting

On Dec 9, 9:45*am, "couillion" wrote:
"Dottie" wrote in message

I used to buy all my paint at a small private company that has gone
out of business. *I bought something that was called Painter's
Insurance. *It was a can - said 100% acrylic -- of nearly clear liquid
and I mixed it one part PI to 2 parts water....then used it to cover
areas where the paint was coming off. *I think it served the same
purpose as Kiltz. *I need to re-paint some semi-gloss trim and want to
put that on before painting with the finish coat. *Does anyone know if
Painter's Insurance is sold anywhere else? *It costs a lot less than
Kiltz and it did a good job. If not I guess I will have to buy
Kiltz ... want to change a wall from semi-gloss water based to flat.

This might be a good place to start...

http://www.fpcoatings.biz/PaintersInsurance.html

Thank you! The product I want is that -- I called and talked to the
owner of that web site. He sells Painters Insurance down in St.
Petersburg but that is too far to drive. He also said that Kilz is
not the same thing. He suggested a product by Sherwin Williams. Its
not the same but the closest ... for what I want.