Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default Choosing a Replacement Toilet

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 20:51:14 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

My wife and I are having tile installed and while we're at it, decided
to replace the toilet and vanity. It seems to me that a toilet that
has a larger than average siphon would be less likely to get blocked
by waste. Is this correct? What is this called? What other features
are important?

American Standard has been touting the no-clog feature of their Cadet
with the large opening. Kohler makes some very good models. We have
some at work and they have never clogged.

Get an oval and check the height. In recent years, they have been
getting a bit higher so it is easier to stand up after using them.

.

Agreed
Unless you are vertically challenge, get the tallest highest one you can.
It just standing up so much easier with creaky knees.