Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Choosing a Replacement Toilet

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 20:51:14 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

My wife and I are having tile installed and while we're at it,
decided to replace the toilet and vanity. It seems to me that a
toilet that has a larger than average siphon would be less likely to
get blocked by waste. Is this correct? What is this called? What
other features are important?

American Standard has been touting the no-clog feature of their Cadet
with the large opening. Kohler makes some very good models. We have
some at work and they have never clogged.

Get an oval and check the height. In recent years, they have been
getting a bit higher so it is easier to stand up after using them.

Second that. The taller (17") toilets are MUCH easier to use than the
standard 14" ones. As my current squeeze observes: "I never imagined that an
extra three inches could make such a difference!"