Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Lachance Tom Lachance is offline

Default Heater Sizing

On 12/8/2011 6:38 PM, Sigmund Freud wrote:

"Tom Lachance" wrote in message
news:C4mdnRQujdcOo3zTnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...

Too bad you don't want to go with gas. Sounds like a perfect place for
a Rinnai heater. Quiet, efficient, Very unobtrusive, and very
reliable. I've been installing them for over 15 years, and after we
install them, we usually tell the customer that it's more than likely
that they won't be seeing us again for the heater.

Maybe that's because they wont be alive to call you?

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08199.html

It was a voluntary recall. I have done many of the recall repairs, not
hundreds, but close. They involved heaters manufactured between 2000 and
2007. It involved a gasket replacement and gas pressure adjustment.
That number represents a small portion of the total number of heaters
out there. They are sealed combustion, direct vent units.
You might thinking of unvented units. I don't like installing them. I
try to discourage people from installing them.