Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default Bonding metal to glass

On Dec 8, 5:22*pm, "RCW" wrote:
"fred" wrote in message

We have to stick metal posts to *a glass counter top to allow the top
be fixed in position. The glass is sand blasted on the side the posts
would be affixed.

Tried having them UV bonded by a local glass merchant, who to be fair
reckoned it wouldn't be any good, and he was right. They all came
adrift.

I would have thought this to be straight forward but the more I delve
into it the more complicated it becomes. Found 'GOOP' on fleabay and
also 'Triolyse'. They both sound wonderful but this is not a job I
want to be faffing about with.

Has anyone any personal experience of an application like this ?

Yep......http://www.ct1ltd.com/our_products.h...4b5a142280f2d1...

CT1 available from many Buildbase depots... It *Really* does stick like the
proverbial.....

Seconded (or indeed any other MS polymer - CT1 is quality, and comes
in a great range of colours, but is pricey with it).