Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heater Sizing

In that case, how much power do you have? If you've got two eaches 15 amp
circuits, you can buy a couple "ceramic" heaters at the hardware, and set
them on the floor. Heat rises, y'know and all. That plus a box fan should be
good for a test. If that's not enough, you can also consider an over head
electric heater with a fan, and wire it for 230 volts. More watts, with the
same wire size.

If you're comfortable with propane, these are effective, and less stinky.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DH-Propa...em27bc8d 7152

Variations available, single burner typically 14,000 BTU.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REDDY-ALL-PR...em256a30 de86

I've got a single burner heater, and have used it for friends when their
heat was out. A lot better than freezing. I have much smaller heater (3,500
BTU in the back of my service van, I have used it while doing work in the
van. Again, much better than freezing. Really makes a difference.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Roanin" wrote in message

I will use electric as I do not have gas or the desire to cut a hole in the
wall/ceiling for a flue. That being said, what I am looking for is something
that I can go out and turn on and have it heat it up so it is not freezing.
It will not be on all the time only when I am out there putzing around.
Don't want a kerosene heater as they stink.