Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Alternative Battery LR44

On 2011-12-09, Bob La Londe wrote:
I seem to recall a conversation a while back some of you guys mentioning
another battery in place of the LR44 with a lot longer life. I never really
worried about it before. I just used the LR44s for my laser pointer for
playing with the cats, but I recently picked up a digital caliper and it
came with an LR44.

What was that other battery?

Your choice -- SR44 or SR357 -- both are silver oxide, and
interchangeable. And -- for ease of remembering, both are revolver
magnum calibers. They cost more than the LR versions, but the nuisance
value of the batteries dying frequently makes up for a lot.

P.S. I could not find an affordable (ok cheap) dial caliper with a metric
dial. Lots of metrics out there, but the dials on all the ones I looked at
had .001 inch gradations.

I've got a metric Starrett which I bought *new* back in the
1970s or so. (No, it is not for sale. :-)

I actually prefer a dial caliper, but I needed a
metric one right now for some measurements where I didn't want to have to
slow down and multiply constantly to get the metric conversions.

One of the reasons for digital calipers.

On a positive note. I did want a caliper that would do inch fractional for
a while, and this cheap digital will do that too.

I've not had one of those. Is that the one with the larger
digits, too?

I guess I can always stock up on LR44s. It will make the cats happy. LOL.

You let them play with the old cells, or the blister packs which
they came in? it Could be bad news if they swallowed the cells.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564