Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default "hard start" on AC

In article ,
chaniarts wrote:
On 12/8/2011 1:44 PM, Rich Greenberg wrote:
I had my A.C./heat pump serviced today. The tech is suggesting adding
something called a "hard start" to the compressor starting circut which
supposedly reduces wear on the motor. And costs almost $200.

I have never heard of this. Have any of you and is it a good idea?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ac+hard+start

Thanks for this link, which led me to Google which led me to suppliers.

It seems that the hard start is a good idea, but they are charging a lot
for them. Only $40-50 if I install it myself.

--
Rich Greenberg Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 941 378 2097
Canines: Val, Red, Shasta, Zero & Casey (At the bridge) Owner:Chinook-L