Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Alternative Battery LR44

I seem to recall a conversation a while back some of you guys mentioning
another battery in place of the LR44 with a lot longer life. I never really
worried about it before. I just used the LR44s for my laser pointer for
playing with the cats, but I recently picked up a digital caliper and it
came with an LR44.

What was that other battery?

P.S. I could not find an affordable (ok cheap) dial caliper with a metric
dial. Lots of metrics out there, but the dials on all the ones I looked at
had .001 inch gradations. I actually prefer a dial caliper, but I needed a
metric one right now for some measurements where I didn't want to have to
slow down and multiply constantly to get the metric conversions.

On a positive note. I did want a caliper that would do inch fractional for
a while, and this cheap digital will do that too.

I guess I can always stock up on LR44s. It will make the cats happy. LOL.