Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 00:01:16 +0000 (GMT) Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
I'd suggest you read up on the history of BL. The 'factory owner'
spending money on new machinery? Perish the thought - unless with a
government handout. Every possible penny went to the shareholders.

Yes, read the books (copies of most of them on my shelves) about
BMC/BL in the late 1960s and 1970s and weep. IIRC there's one account
of B-series engine machinists using cigarette paper to keep the
machine tools within tolerance.

You can only look back and think 'if only': if only they'd been able
to build the Triumph Dolomite and Rover SD1 to Japanese build and
reliability standards.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com