Mike G

Default Spray painting

Do you know of any auto body painters using turbines to spray lacquer?
I'm under the impression that most of them use compressed air. If it's such
a PITA, then why do they use it?

That is pretty much a no brainer. Body shops have a thousand and one uses
for compressors, BIG compressors, everything from lifts to presses, to
tools. I'd go so far as to say you could not run a commercial body shop
without a big compressor. Now, if you already have a compressor why buy a
turbine HVLP unit when a simple moisture trap and filter, also already in
place to take care of any compressor induced spraying problems

--
Mike G.

Heirloom Woods
www.heirloom-woods.net