Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roofing Question

On 12/7/2011 9:47 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 22:08:45 -0500, Ed wrote:

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:59:58 -0600,
wrote:

I'll let you in on one secret.... I bought the roofing crew lunch one
day and I believe it saved me more than the cost of the lunch in terms
of cleanup and quality of install. Of course years from now, I'll
know better.

On our last few moves, I made sure there were sandwiches or pizza and
soda/water available to the crew. Cheap bribe!

Goes for anyone working on my house. A pitcher of iced tea or
six-pack of cold Pepsi is always a good investment.

A friend was having a house built and the general commented that he couldn't
figure out why all the trades were busy on his house (the plumber couldn't fit
in the driveway, so left). He told the GC, to come back at 4:00. He did and
just about fell over when his wife showed up with a cooler full of beer. ;-)
Again, cheap bribe.

When the town was cutting some tree on our street, my wife took coffee
out to them. They thanked her. I came home from work and found a
cord of wood in my yard.

;-)

Isn't it amazing what happens when you're nice to people? ^_^

TDD