Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Armored/BX Cable question

On 12/7/2011 9:22 PM, Roanin wrote:
http://www.kaf-tech.com/pdf/KT0609_pocket_guide.pdf, particulary page
13.
It states "Insert the cable into the connector and secure the
connector into the box. Be sure that the anti-short bushing
is plainly visible in the connector for easy inspection. The
same procedure is followed for MC cable with the exception
that there is no bonding wire. Although anti-short bushings
are only required by the NEC for AC cable, most
manufacturers recommend their use with MC cable."

That link was to a very good source and a copy of the brochure went into
my electrical reference data base. Hopefully, this thread can
now die happy. ^_^

TDD

As the OP, I want to say Thanks to all for the lively discussion on the
cable types. I have learned a lot. Suffice it to say that there are a lot of
different types of cable that have been made over the years by different
companies and referred to as BX.

In your quest for the meaning of life, you never know where it may take
you. ^_^

TDD