Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph Compton Ralph Compton is offline

Default Dust Deputy

I got one to use with my Ridgid 6.5 gal vac. Works as advertised. Only
problem was when I sucked up a plastic bag and bits of paper. They got
kinda wedged in the vortex and caused some plastic and sawdust to bypass the
DD and get into the Vac. The lesson I learned is to not use this system to
pick up misc. trash. For sawdust, chips, etc., works great and keeps my vac
filter a LOT cleaner.

I saw a couple of very interesting installations of the DD vortex unit on
the Lumberjocks.com site.

"Roger" wrote in message
Mainly a lurker here but sure do get most of my questions answered before
I even no I have them. Now for the question. Recently moved and had to
greatly downsize my workshop and need a smaller way to contain sawdust.
Have seen adds for the dust deputy for years and wondered how well they
work. Can't find anyone in my area who has any experience with them so
will ask a larger population. Do these perform as advertised or are they
just another bunch of hype. Thanks for any information you care to
provide