Posted to alt.home.repair
worker bee worker bee is offline

Default Does anyone know what 'kind' of threads are on a typicalportable gas can?

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 07:52:53 -0800, dennisgauge wrote:
The cap from one brand will cross-thread on to the others because
they're close, but unless you use the original cap it leaks like a
sieve.

I haven't tried it so that is good information.

The Jerry Can Paper had a lot of good information.
(http://www.survivalmonkey.com/portab...l-storage.html)

But it too excluded California:
"California residents are no longer allowed to buy any of these jerry
cans unless the corresponding spouts meet the new California Air
Resources Board (CARB) spill-proof spouts."

Does that mean that if I do buy one of these Jerry cans, I'll have to
have them ship it to another state?