Posted to alt.home.repair
worker bee worker bee is offline

Default Does anyone know what 'kind' of threads are on a typicalportable gas can?

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 18:14:00 -0500, Frank wrote:
Doubt if manufacturer would sell
you a spout to defeat the mechanism.

They won't. In fact, when I called Blitz, they couldn't understand 'why'
anyone would 'want' to replace the spout.

If you've ever tried to pour five gallons of gas at about chest level,
they'd understand why.

You have to use one hand constantly on the spout button (or else it
closes), and the other hand has to be holding up the entire five gallon
can at about your chest level to pour it out. In addition, you MUST add a
hose to the end of the spout because it's too short to fit into any
normal tank opening.

The only practical way to use the spout is to simply remove it. But what
can I replace it with?

All I need is a cap that fits and holds 22 psi of vapor pressure.