Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Small Tool Gloat

Winston wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
I was over at a buddy's house the other day, and he asked me if I wanted
an air drier. Nothing special. Just a 3 foot long dessicant filled pipe
style with a drain at the bottom. When I asked him what he wanted for it
he put it in my car. Said he got two of them for next to nothing a while
back, and he only needed one.

Nifty!
What will the plumbing look like?
A valve on the bottom to flush the liquid
through an orifice, driven by a timer?

Or something?

I would expect something of that sort as a mate used to design truck air
brake components and desiccant air driers were in the product line. The
system would have a small air receiver to hold enough air to purge the
desiccant and it would be controlled on a timer to remove excess
moisture cyclically. The desiccant would eventually need to be replaced
but the desiccant can on the one I have is like a large oil filter and
screws on and off.

Ok... really small. And... yeah he is a buddy. Somebody I often as not
give small things to when he needs them, but still. It was nice.

Indeed.

--Winston