Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Does anyone know what 'kind' of threads are on a typical portable gas can?

N8N wrote:
I bought an old surplus jerry can while I still could; I hope that I
don't end up having to leave that behind.

That doesn't make any sense, either. Jerry cans aren't scarce...

Oh, wait... you must mean back when you could afford one...

I meant back before they became hard to get due to the new laws about
gas can venting, just like I said.

Not hard. There are almost 700 listings for jerry cans on Ebay right now
(including parts like spouts and gaskets).
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

Aside:
Some are even free. About two years ago, while foraging through the
neighborhood the night before heavy trash pickup, I spotted one. Zip, into
the back of the truck.

I examined it when I got it home. Not only was is more than servicable, it
had, stenciled on the bottom in fading white paint:

III Army
SEP 44

It's possible my little can helped George Patton relieve the siege at
Bastogne!