Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Does anybody have an opinion about the Original Incra JigSystem?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 20:48:06 -0500, busbus wrote:

I am looking into getting a box joint jig and found this one out the
http://www.woodpeck.com/incrajig.html.

It looks like it can cut a lot of joints and, also, be used on other
machines like the drill press, table saw, and bandsaw.

I still have the original. I used it to make box joints with fair
success, but the half blind dovetails were a fiasco. I did find it handy
for repositioning my table saw rip fence. I could put the jig against
the fence, mark the jig setting, and remove the sliding part to get it
out of the way. Then I could move the fence and later return it exactly
where it was before.

But in general, it got very little use. I don't think I've used it in
the last 2 years.

My favorite Incra product is the V120 miter gauge:

http://www.amazon.com/Incra-MITERV12...V120-Miter/dp/
B001RCTTG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323193266&sr=8-1