Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New hip (metal content)

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:24:40 -0800 (PST), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

Kind of metal related. Getting a new hip (metal) on Thursday. Been bothering me for over 25 years.
Funny about pain. Can come on very sloooowly. You kind of don't feel it but people around you sense it. My doctor convinced me to take a shot in the hip and see if my lifestyle changes. I didn't notice any change, but my SWMBO said I became much more active. Instead of one trip to the shop (100 ft., carrying as much as I can) I made 20-30 trips, thoughtlessly. Also lost 10 lbs. in about 2 weeks time. Shot lasted exactly 4 weeks and then I realized that I had been in pain all along (prior to the shot).
Most significantly SWMBO said I was no longer crabby during that period!

If any of you have “been there, done that” I would like to hear from you.

I haven't been there, but my neighor 4 doors down is on his 4th and
last hip. One leg is 3 inches shorter than the other now and he wears
a builtup shoe sole. Needless to say, he's on disability. I can ask
him for advice for you if you like, Ivan. I think he's tried both
plastics and metal during his 60 years on Earth.

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to