Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Balancing radiators

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 23:31:56 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article op.v51frpnhytk5n5@i7-940, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 22:18:25 -0000, Roger Chapman
wrote:

You want to replace your window you have to have double glazing using
special (ie) expensive glass.

Do I hell. I replace it with what *I* want.

No problem until you come to sell your house. Then the prospective buyer
wants to know what changes you've made - and then wants to see the
accompanying paperwork. If the windows have been done and there's no
FENSA signoff to show its to standard (if you get a builder to do it) or
if you've got nothing from Building Control (if you do it yourself),
then the buyer will evaporate.

Why would they know the window has been replaced?

I actually bought this house in 2000 with single glazing. What if I had never installed double? Are you saying I couldn't now sell it?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Top Tip. If someone shoves your feet in a fire, quickly put your head in a bucket of iced water. On average, you will be pretty comfortable.