Posted to uk.d-i-y
Norman Billingham Norman Billingham is offline

Default Glue pot heater for hyde glue - hotplate?

On 05/12/2011 19:44, NoSpam wrote:
I have a job that needs hyde glue and I was thinking of using our old
filter coffee machine - but it's been thrown out. Can anyone suggest a
cheap hotplate that will keep a small jar of water at around 70 degC ?

If you only want of heat small amounts of glue, a baby food warmer from
Mothercare does a great job. Mine is a Philips Avent - about £20.

I've done hammer veneering just using a bog standard hotplate and a
couple of tins, one inside the other - works fine at minimal cost. An
old soup tin in an old saucepan on a hotplate also works fine.

Lots of single hotplates on Amazon for around £15.

Hope this helps