Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning carbon off non stick pans

jgharston wrote:
Gazz wrote:
angle grinder?

Actually, that's exactly the idea I had years ago for cleaning frying
pans - some sort of super slow speed drill with a soft abrasive pad
pressed down onto the pan surface, with some sort of mechanism to
"wiggle" the pan slowly around to move the centre of cleaning around
the the surface. Bit like a lense grinding machine.

I've been known to restore straight metal pans with wet and dry paper
followed up by valve grinding compound :-)

JGH