Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Does anyone know what 'kind' of threads are on a typical portablegas can?

On Dec 5, 12:13*pm, gpsman wrote:
On Dec 5, 10:55*am, N8N wrote:

IIRC I have bought "Blitz" brand containers in the past, but don't
have any anymore due to having to leave them behind every time I've
moved (for some reason moving and storage companies don't like dealing
with gas cans.)

Step 1: Play victim card.

Non sequitur. Where did I say I was a victim of anything?

That doesn't make any sense. *At least one time you drove your car/s:

From: Nate Nagel
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Cross Country Moving?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 09:04:06 -0500

"We drove the cars, because moving a car any significant distance
tends to cost at least $1K ..."http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/msg/44d5a10c832d5adf?h...

No room in the trunk/s...?

Didn't really want to carry gas cans in the same trunk with suitcases,
coats, etc. - you know, the stuff you need immediately when you get to
your destination. Plus a new gas can is what, $5? Makes far more
sense to buy a new gas can at destination and not risk hundreds or
thousands of dollars worth of clothes and other essentials.

I bought an old surplus jerry can while I still could; I hope that I
don't end up having to leave that behind.

That doesn't make any sense, either. *Jerry cans aren't scarce...

Oh, wait... *you must mean back when you could afford one...

I meant back before they became hard to get due to the new laws about
gas can venting, just like I said.

nate