Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default It broke (Allen wrench)

On Dec 3, 10:23*am, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:

On 2011-12-03, HeyBub wrote:

Analysis:

I suspect that........

.....when you buy cheap crap, it usually breaks like cheap crap.

http://www.filmtools.com/bonalkeyhexa.html

I really "like" the lifetime warranty. *You just send them back to the
company and they will send you a new one. *Only problem is the tools are
from 4 to 6 bucks. *It will cost that much to send them back, especially if
you count your gas and time for anything.

For home use, I like the Sears tools warranty. Years ago their tools did
seem to be of much better quality than they are now. Local store to go to
and as much as my wife shops at the mall where Sears is, lots of trips are
made to that area of town.

The problem that I've had with Sears is that they don't stock a lot of
tools, and won't order stuff for you for warranty - they'll only
exchange your stuff if they have it in store. So if you need to
warranty, say, a metric flare nut wrench - the warranty is useless.
(not that I've ever had that happen to me, mind you.)

On the upside, it's worked *for* me at least once as well - had to
warranty a 1/2" drive ratchet, and they don't "sell" the ratchet
rebuild kits anymore. It was the typical Craftsman forged-finish
ratchet, and they didn't have one in the "rebuild" drawer that they
use for ratchet warranties. They did, however, have the polished-
handle version, and for some reason would rather give me the rebuilt
polished handle one than the new equivalent of the one that I had in
my hand. That did make me happy!

nate