Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Balancing radiators

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:41:38 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.v5zrnxc8ytk5n5@i7-940...

Well your system must be really crap then. All my valves are fully open,
and all the radiators get hot. The radiators have pipes thinner than the
pipe coming from the boiler (obviously). Just like the wire supplying all
the lightbulbs in your house is thicker than the filament in one
lightbulb!!!!

You should do the lottery, having such a badly commissioned system that
works is pretty lucky.

It was fitted by the Corgi certified fitter that used to live here. It is a brilliant system and I have never even serviced it in 11 years!

Of course if you fit an oversized pump and run it on max most systems will
get hot.

And so you should. The pump should be able to push water through all the radiators at once.

But getting hot isn't enough with condensing boilers, the rads have to drop
the return temp to about 50C so the boilers condense while still providing
enough heat to do their job.
This can be somewhat difficult if a lot more water is going through one rad
than another.

Then don't use a condensing boiler. I have what he called a balanced flu.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Sky have just won the rights to screen the first World Origami Championships from Tokyo.
Unfortunately it's only available on Paper View.