Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Balancing radiators

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:20:06 -0000, thirty-six wrote:

On Dec 4, 11:42 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
http://diydata.com/projects/centralh...diator_balanci...

Why? Surely if your boiler is powerful enough you don't need to mess around like this. If your boiler can't heat all the radiators at once, your boiler is too small for the system. Even with all my radiators on full blast, the boiler doesn't run continuously.

I suspect then you have a microbore (8mm, 10mm) sealed system radially
distributed by a central manifold.

Of course. Do you mean to tell me that the large bore systems don't have a correspondingly larger bore pipe from the boiler to feed them? What ****t designed that?!?

Must not be operated without
corrosion inhibitor else you will possibly not be able to flush the
crap out the radiators while in situ.

I've been told by a heating engineer that's a load of crap.

No leaks are tolerable, and less likely.

Not sure what you mean.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

How do shepherds practice safe sex?
They paint an X on the back of the ones that kick!