Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dust Deputy

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 00:37:05 -0500, blueman wrote:

Larry Jaques writes:

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 15:26:27 -0600, Roger wrote:

Mainly a lurker here but sure do get most of my questions answered
before I even no I have them. Now for the question. Recently moved and
had to greatly downsize my workshop and need a smaller way to contain
sawdust. Have seen adds for the dust deputy for years and wondered how
well they work. Can't find anyone in my area who has any experience
with them so will ask a larger population. Do these perform as
advertised or are they just another bunch of hype. Thanks for any
information you care to provide

I have no personal experience, but cyclone separators as a scientific
technique work _stupendously_. Judging by their demo vid, DDs do,
too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NXZKYWpMbE

http://goo.gl/U8hnW $39 + $12.50 s/h from Oneida via Amazon for the
DIY set. Supply your own hardware, buckets, and hose.

OK, over to you Leon, to gush over Festool HEPA vacs. BTW, Oneida
makes one for them, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6SheO6zwBI
Why don't you have one yet, you naughty boy?

--

How does it compare to the Rockler Vortex system?

Ah dunno. I have a Griz G-1029 with plastic cyclone lid for my
trashcan. It takes out 99% or so of particulates, leaving the DC bag
pretty much empty. It also saves the impeller if I suck up some
hardware. I'm in love with vortex apparati.

I'd be willing to bet that most are equally effective.

Pick one and you likely won't be unhappy with it.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton