Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Fake / inert PP3 batteries

On Dec 4, 8:05*pm, Bill wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know where I could buy a couple of inert PP3s. *I am making
a display radio and need a couple to put into it. *It will hopefully be
on show for many years and so I don't really want to put a genuine
battery in as there will be no one to replace it if it leaks with age.

I had thought about pulling a couple apart but wasn't sure if I could do
it without leaving the case damaged.

Any ideas anyone?

There are a few sites where you can download an image of the paper
cover that wraps around various batteries. Print and wrap round wood.
Mostly theyre scans of historic battery wrappers. Or you could fill in
your own modern looking graphic, with 'nuclear 80 year battery' on
it

NT