Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Cleaning carbon off non stick pans

Actually not far off you will I suspect find its carbon down to the metal.
I think these devices get localised heating as they get old and this cracks
the non stick and then its only a matter of time before the inevitable
happens. New pan is probably the only solution or you will be scrubbing it
for ever until the element or thermostat dies.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Gazz" wrote in message ...

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
O.K. it shouldn't be there.

Google hasn't given me much help.

I am trying the soaking in a biological washing liquid, but this doesn't
seem to be shifting it very much.

Has anyone a good method of cleaning accumulated carbon off non-stick
frying pans to restore the non-stickability or at least reduce the
stickability?

angle grinder?