Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Fake / inert PP3 batteries

PP9s of that era were normally metal clad with plastic top and bottoms. In
the case of PP3 types there do seem to be lots of designs about.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Graham." wrote in message
On 04/12/2011 20:05, Bill wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know where I could buy a couple of inert PP3s. I am making a
display radio and need a couple to put into it. It will hopefully be on
show for many years and so I don't really want to put a genuine battery
in as there will be no one to replace it if it leaks with age.

I had thought about pulling a couple apart but wasn't sure if I could do
it without leaving the case damaged.

Any ideas anyone?

I have a Bush TR82C with a forty year old Ever Ready PP9 for authenticity.
There is no trace of electrolyte leakage

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%