Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default Oh dear oh dear. CO2 Caused ice sheet formation?

On 04/12/2011 22:58, dennis@home wrote:

snip

You have yet to show they have fudged anything.

Lets see..
This data doesn't fit in with what we want and we don't know why, we'll
throw it away.
This data fits what we want but we don't know why, we'll keep it.

It shows one thing for sure, if you select your data you can prove what
you want.

You have the deniers' modus modus operand down to a T but real science
doesn't work that way. Awkward data is flagged up and investigated, not
hidden away.

More from the previously cited Wikipedia page:

"The final analyses from various subsequent inquiries concluded that in
this context 'trick' was normal scientific or mathematical jargon for a
neat way of handling data, in this case a statistical method used to
bring two or more different kinds of data sets together in a legitimate
fashion.[35][36] The EPA notes that in fact, the evidence shows that the
research community was fully aware of these issues and was not hiding or
concealing them.[37]"

--
Roger Chapman