Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Table Saw Safety & The CPSC

In article ,
CW wrote:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
eb.com...

As some one who has had two major incidents where my brakes did fail, I can
relate. I obsessively look for the emergency brake in each vehicle I drive.
You'd like my Ranger. To apply the E-brake, you have to stick your left knee
in your ear to get your foot high enough.

There's a good reason all manufacturers officially refer to them as PARKING
brakes rather than EMERGENCY brakes. They are better than no brakes in
an emergency, but (varying with different vehicles) not by much.