Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Does anyone know what 'kind' of threads are on a typical portablegas can?

On Dec 4, 2:52*pm, worker bee wrote:
For reasons explained elsewhere, I would love to replace the 'spout' of
about ten Blitz five-gallon plastic portable gasoline containers with a
simple gas cap.

I called Blitz, who does not sell an alternative gas can spout - nor
would they answer this question.

Do you know what 'threads' these cans use and what 'might' be used to
replace the caps that would still handle the 22psi vapor pressure of
gasoline & remain air & water tight?

I didn't check real carefully to see if these threads are the right
ones but you get the idea.

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/portab...l-storage.html

here's an Amazon link for cans from Midwest Can

http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Can-Co.../dp/B001H1GQ7M

note the review from Oct 2009, it might be of some help

Midwest Can customer service is very responsive. They are sending me a replacement cap for "gas storage," i.e. a simple threaded cap.

cheers
Bob