Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default It broke (Allen wrench)

On 12/4/2011 12:42 PM, HeyBub wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

We've discussed all this on here before a few dozen times. HF is great
for occasional or one-time-use tools for DIYs. If you are making money
with a tool, unless maybe it it stuff that can't break like a Big Iron
Bar, HF is not the place to shop. Nothing makes you look dumber to
customer than breaking a tool, and maybe breaking their stuff in the
process. Plus of course the extra time to run out and buy a
replacement, and what that does to your day. And in general, for stuff
that can get rounded off or break (allen wrenches, drill bits, etc)
even in quality brands, you should have a backup on the truck.

You may have a point. In the instant case, it was the tool from Lowe's that
broke and the tool from Harbor Freight that didn't.

Shame on me for not reading entire thread. The sub-Kobalt Lowe's house
brand is no better than HF, in my experience- may even be the same
Chinese OEM. I have several of the various fold-out wrench sets, and the
are convenient. But every single one has at least one wrench with a
rounded off end. They don't seem to hold up to production work. The best
ones weigh 2x or 3x the cheap ones, and have a metal U-channel they fold
out from.

--
aem sends...