Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning carbon off non stick pans

On 12/4/2011 4:45 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
O.K. it shouldn't be there.

Google hasn't given me much help.

I am trying the soaking in a biological washing liquid, but this doesn't
seem to be shifting it very much.

Has anyone a good method of cleaning accumulated carbon off non-stick
frying pans to restore the non-stickability or at least reduce the
stickability?

If it was a normal pan I'd just replace it, but it is an electric frying
pan so the replacement cost is much higher.

I use bicarb/baking soda. Use a barely damp sponge dipped into dry
baking soda.