Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Balancing radiators

On 04/12/2011 23:42, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
http://diydata.com/projects/centralh..._balancing.php

Why? Surely if your boiler is powerful enough you don't need to mess
around like this. If your boiler can't heat all the radiators at once,
your boiler is too small for the system. Even with all my radiators on
full blast, the boiler doesn't run continuously.

Fine, but all other things being equal the rads further away from the
boiler are going to have less flow than the ones close to it.

My system has most of the rads piped in 10mm off manifolds, but a couple
of later additions are piped in 15mm off the flow & return so these are
turned down on the lockshields ft achieve the same differential.

I have one oversized radiator turned well down on its lockshield so my
idea of a balanced system is not strictly balanced.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%