Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Bench grinders vs. Buffers

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 22:08:45 -0500, Ecnerwal
wrote:

[...]

Depending on your buffing jobs, you might also look for super-cheap
(used will generally get you more for the money) wood lathes, which can
be set up with a long arbor between centers and multiple buffs. Rather
than multiple buffing machines or changing wheels, IF the parts can be
worked without needing a free face to the wheel, you can load up 3-5
buffing wheels and move from one to the next with no time for setup,
other than cleaning the part.

Great suggestion! Why did I not think of that? I have a (not so
super-cheap) wood lathe. I shall look into this concept. Thanks.

I recall seeing this setup at a cobbler's shop.

Joe Gwinn