Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default Toshiba p30 laptop power problem

On 03/12/2011 22:52, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:50:34 +0000, put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Short version:

Toshiba P30-144 laptop.
Mostly this thing behaves dead with no lights. Very occasionally the AC
power and charge lights come on and then it will switch on and boot
normally only to shut down after a few seconds and then play dead again.
DC socket is fine, both CPU fans work and the heatsink has been cleaned.

I couldn't find your model, but perhaps there are similar ones
(Toshiba NOTES)?
http://www.4shared.com/folder/0S3W-z...CHEMATICS.html

- Franc Zabkar

Many thanks for the link, the A80 looks to have some similar circuitry
and has given me some good ideas for things to check, not least all the
SI4800DY_SO8 this thing uses a truck load of them...

Lee