Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One Tonne Gold Coin

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 22:46:59 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

And speaking of pressure - what is the needed pressure
for that monster?

32 feet per second/per second.

Normal gravity.

Martin

On 12/3/2011 7:32 PM, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In ,
Bob wrote:

I'm curious as to why, for a 1-off, they went to the trouble& expense
of a steel mould. Why not lost wax, for example? I know it would have
been a challenge supporting it, but wouldn't it have still been
easier/cheaper that that HUGE steel mould?

I bet the steel was needed to handle the sheer weight ofthe coin, and
the hydraulic pressure at the bottom of the mold.

Joe Gwinn

Gunner Asch