Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Septic alarm

wrote the following:
On Dec 2, 9:56 am, willshak wrote:

So the Septic cleaner guy didn't know how to fix/reset the alarm?
I would think that it would be part of his training.
I have a septic tank, but no alarm.
Try this google search resulthttps://www.google.com/search?q=septic+tank+alarm+troubleshooting

Yeah I was hoping that the septic cleaner guy would get at the alarm
problem.
After all, that was really the whole point of the call to him.

I figured once someone is coming over to get at the alarm, they may as
well clean out the tanks, because it's been five years since they were
pumped out.

Well after he was done pumping out the tanks he said he couldn't fix
the alarm and gave me the name of a company who could do it!
$367.25 CAN later....

I'm curious how you get by without an alarm?
Do you have a pump with your system that pumps out to higher ground?
What if the pump should fail? How would you know about it before the
sewage backs up into your house?

No, I don't have a pump, it's gravity fed. The tank and fields are lower
than the lowest toilet in the house.
How do I know when it needs pumping?
The water leaving the toilet takes longer than usual and the plunger
doesn't help. :-)
I've only had the tank pumped out twice since the house was built 27
years ago. The last time was in March of 2003 when there was 4 of us
living in the house. Now there's only the wife and I.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY