Posted to alt.home.repair
BCDrums BCDrums is offline

Default DIY stainless steel chimney liner installation

I need to replace my fireplace flue, and have gotten a couple of
estimates to have a stainless steel flexible liner installed ranging
from $1500 to almost $3000. I wondered if this is a job I could do
myself.

There are a number of companies online that will sell the stainless
liner, insulating material, T connector and chimney cap for around a
thousand dollars (35' of 6" liner). Has anyone ever done this job? Did
you have a good or bad experience? What tricks did you learn?

Thanks.
BC