Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Septic alarm

On 12/3/2011 2:46 PM, wrote:
OK I opened the box and took some photos.
Here's the best one:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=192A1...BAC76052E3!197

I did a couple of continuity tests.

I disconnected the leads to the alarm float.
My ohm-meter shows 100K across the leads to the alarm float.
Is this a reading for an OPEN switch or a CLOSED switch?

What other tests should I do to troubleshoot?
Thanks!

Since your problem is intermittent, the only thing you want to determine
by disconnecting the alarm wires from the panel, is the integrity of the
panel itself. After some period of time, if it still goes off
intermittently without the float wires connected, you know the problem
is in the panel itself. Once you determine that the panel is OK, you
reconnect the wires for the alarm and cut the float off at whatever
junction box or connection point you have access to, and insulate the
two wires. If the alarm still goes off intermittently, you have bad
wiring. If it doesn't go off now, you have a bad float