Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT. Grocery delivery services

On 02/12/2011 19:51, polygonum wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 08:51:33 -0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

That's the bit that nobody seems to have solved. Buy online, but no
one at home for delivery.

I was working outside a house a few weeks ago & watched a postie
trying to deliver small packages without much luck. Almost every house
he tried he got no reply & had to leave a card. He reckoned an 80&
failure rate.

I think that is the ONLY advantage of having a partner who is too ill to
go out.

No. Been there when my wife was ill for a long period and had more than
one occassion where the postie has been off ill and the replacement
couldn't be bothered bringing packages out, so had pre-written "tried to
deliver" cards and pushed them through the door without knocking or ringing.

SteveW