Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Completely OT. Grocery delivery services

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:57:14 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

I buy the 1% stuff anyway, if I can.

When the health industry started promoting the goodness of low-fat
milk, the dairy industry rubbed their hands with glee, as they had
millions of litres of the stuff. I don't believe in co-incidences like
that.

I was using the 1% stuff in the US, 25 years ago. Removing
three-quarters of the fat from milk (of which I drink a lot, one way and
another) means I have a good excuse to cajole SWMBO into providing a
fry-up from time to time.

Trouble is, Tesco have stopped doing it, Waitrose only do it in 2pt
bottles, and Sainsbury & Morrison's appear to stock it intermittently
only.

Main reason why I started to have Milk from a Milk and More Milkman as
they will deliver it. Pay more than supermarket prices but then I
don't have to use fuel to do an 8 mile round trip just for some milk .
The ability to order on line the night before means I can just get it
when required rather leave notes like in the old days,pay by Direct
debit so no cash to be left out either.
Only seen the chap once in 6 months when I was up quite late waiting
to shoot a rat and he came extra early at 2.30am.
We surprised each other.
G.Harman