Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw Safety & The CPSC

On Dec 2, 2:32*pm, Swingman wrote:

Have you never nearly missed racking you hand across the top of the
blade when pulling back a ripped piece of stock?

Not sufficiently stupid enough to have ever even considered getting in
the position to do that.

AAMOF, unless I'm missing something, damned hard to even imagine
*anyone* being that stupid?

I see it all the time is production shops when some guy has been
pushing the same part for an hour or more. They just get lazy and are
trying to move fast and the brainless moment causes damage.

I think assuming you will never make a momentary mistake vs having
equipment in place that makes it impossible to screw up is a mistake
in itself.

Nuff said. You aren't asking to use my saw so we won't ever have an
issue.