Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oh dear oh dear. CO2 Caused ice sheet formation?

Roger Chapman wrote:

I trained as an engineer, not a scientist, so I am much more open to
practical propositions than to either abstract theory or belief
systems unconnected with reality.

Theory is not abstract. A theory is based on a hypothesis that
explains current observation and that can make *testable* predictions.
Relativity is a good example of this.

But AGW is not testable.

We don't have a spare planet to run as a control. That in a
philsophy se
sense makes it less scientific and more metaphysical.

On that basis neither theory of relativity is really a theory either.

Oh, but that is testable in a laboratory.

You dont need a whole planet.

You can prove that the speed of light is a universal constant in a
laboratory? How?

Google Michelson Morley

Really if you dont know that....